Forge Row - Carron

Let me just start this by saying that from Carron you have to get to this by passing a sign that says you are entering Stenhousemuir, now I think they are trying to annoy me, Forge Row was within the grounds of the Carron Iron Works, and indeed owned by the company.

Forge Row was a a simple row of six houses for Carron Employees: Stenhousemuir was up Goshen Brae and a bit more away, to me this is a land grab reminiscent of Central Europe in the 1930s.

Scotlandsplaces

"A Row of houses exclusively tenanted by the Carron Workmen they are all two storeys slated and in tolerable repair - Property of the Carron Compy. [Company] per William Dawson Esq. Carron Iron Works."


The actual row is all but destroyed by the path that Falkirk Council recently created for the Carron Dam Wildlife Reserve, such a shame that the Industry that built this region counts for little these days, and that councillors just want to give a place for middle-aged men to walk their dogs.

However, I think this [below] is a return from the inside of one of the houses.


Not much I know, but the council have so tried to wildernise this bit of former industry, I am lucky that I found this.

Comments